CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Well I Finally Did It: Review of. The City Of The Last Souls

From Good Reads:
What price is too high to pay, even for love? When
Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to
discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound
her beloved Jace together with her evil brother
Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of
evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there
is no way to harm one boy without destroying the
other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle
wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the
merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary
plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of
losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s
willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust
him? Or is he truly lost?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens
to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth
book of the Mortal Instruments series.




So being a lover of this series. I was more than
excited to read this book. It started off kind of slow,
in fact I read probably the first chapter and then had
to restart the book a month later. That was probably
a week ago, normally I am a fast reader...but this
book can't be read fast. There is a lot going on, and
even more going behind the scenes that ends up
center stage at very last pages. This book is
frighteningly real, and one you have to put down and
think about several times while reading it. I give it
five stars because it deserves the five stars. It was
well written...but because I was misinformed I
thought I was going to get some kind of closure for
all the havoc this series has brought my psyche.
Maybe because I've only read the first of the internal
devices series, but I felt lost through some of this
book, the only reason I know if because I recognize
some of the characters from clock work. So maybe
I'll go back and read the other series and come back
to this one. But know this, this book is at its core,
written by an expert story teller with an imagination I
envy.

4 comments:

Bellas Shelf

I could only skim your review because I am about done with book 1 in the series. I love it though. I am excited for the movie too. I dont hear Clary and Jace as British in my head as i read, but it works for the movie. lolz.
Bella's W.O.W

Unknown

Oh I know, I'm so excited about the movie, even though I know it won't compare to the book. :)

LoveOfBooks

Gah!I need to start this series ASAP! I'm totally lollygagging. I especially want to read the first book before the dang movie comes out.

Unknown

Yeah but don't do what I did with Beautiful Creatures and go watch the movie half way through reading the book. Totally sucked the life out of an amazing book. But it is an amazing series!!!

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!