CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Musing: Why I will never think of Dora The Explorer the same again.

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

After an amazing weekend of Book Reading read two books in as many days. Rune and After the Ending (this review I'm still writing should be up tomorrow. I decided to be ambitious and start another book at 10:30pm last night. I only read the first chapter and then promptly went to bed. I have to get up early in the morning. I don't think my boss will take the excuse. "Sorry I'm so exhausted and late, I started this amazing book." I just don't think that will fly. 
                                                                                                                                                                        
Title: Demonic Dora
Author: Claire Chilton
                                                          Publication Date: June 30, 2012
SHE'S FINALLY MANAGED TO SUMMON HER FIRST DEMON...

Dora Carridine is trying to summon a demon, but she's not very good at Latin and nothing ever works out the way she plans.

Her life is fraught with weekly exorcisms and having to watch her father’s fire and brimstone TV show every Sunday. So, when Dora finally succeeds in summoning an incompetent demon lord, she’s absolutely delighted when all hell breaks loose.

She thought summoning a sexy demon lord would be the answer to all of her problems, but her problems are only just beginning when her zealot parents try to burn her at the stake, and Dora is left with only one option—to escape and follow her demon straight into Hell




I normally don't read books with titles like this. I think it's my christian upbringing. But something on Netgalley popped out at me. Honestly I think its because the Girl on the cover reminded me of an actress who has been on two of my favorite tv shows. Vanessa Marano. I know what your thinking she totally posed for the cover of this book. I'm in total agreement with you. I mean come on, they are total doppelgangers. ( love that word, learned it from the Vampire Diaries, aren't you so proud.) But I digress, so started reading this book and I have to tell you Dora is one funny chick. So far my favorite line is:

" Our Father, who art..." her Father recited. The large congregation chanted with him.
"... who art embarrassing whenst he is on television," Dora mumbled out of habit. Two devout parishioners spun around and glowered at her. "Hollowed be thy brain," she added just for their benefit and chuckled when they turned away from her in disgust.   
I know what you thinking, And I'm totally waiting for the hell fire and brimstone. But from what I have read so far. Her dad is the type of christian, that every non-christian bases there opinion on. You know the pompous fool, who thinks he is right and every one else is going to hell. But anyways, so far so Good. I think I'm at a slow spot right now, but I mean they are in Hell, it can only go up from here. =)

Be sure to check out more Monday Musings at Should be Reading. Tata for now!!!

2 comments:

Unknown

Ooh, sounds like a good one!

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/04/musing-mondays_22.html

caite

No, I doubt that "amazing book" excuse will work..lol

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!