CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Immortal Rules: A Review

Yes I know, I am behind on the times...but their are a lot of books to read on my kindle...so I finally got to this one.

From Good Reads:
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred ofthem—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.

Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for…again.

Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.




The Vampires are the rulers... we are just cows grazing in their pastures. Unless you aren't in their cities...then their are rabids. Evil abounds in this paranormal thriller.

The past couple weeks I have heard so much about this book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. And it didn't disappoint. I like that she takes several myths and legends and combines them in this thrilling book.  Allison was no saint, and I like that Julie didn't write her as such. Watching her struggle with the monster within pulled on my heart strings. But by far my favorite character was Kanin. He was so resigned to the facts of what he was. Yet he was searching that hospital for answers. He was hated on all sides yet still yearned to set it right. The World that this book is based is one I have never read before... And I can tell you I am glad to read about it and not live in it.

The only problem I found in this book, is the slow parts. There were several places I really wanted to just skim until I happened upon something interesting...but I am glad I didn't...because it really showed Allison struggle that I would have missed had I skimmed. So while slow it did add to the story. This was a very enjoyable read. 

1 comments:

Shane @ItchingforBooks

Great review. No worries I haven't gotten to this one yet either :)

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!