CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Demonic Dora: A Review

Demonic Dora
By Claire Chilton
Release Date: June 30, 2013
SHE'S FINALLY MANAGED TO SUMMON HER FIRST DEMON...

Dora Carridine is trying to summon a demon, but she's not very good at Latin and nothing ever works out the way she plans.

Her life is fraught with weekly exorcisms and having to watch her father’s fire and brimstone TV show every Sunday. So, when Dora finally succeeds in summoning an incompetent demon lord, she’s absolutely delighted when all hell breaks loose.

She thought summoning a sexy demon lord would be the answer to all of her problems, but her problems are only just beginning when her zealot parents try to burn her at the stake, and Dora is left with only one option—to escape and follow her demon straight into Hell.

When your dad is a religious freak...and your mom pretends to be happier than thou...what else can you do but summon a demon, and then follow him to hell when your family tries to burn you alive....

This book could be really funny.... The first couple chapters had me laughing so hard. And they went to hell...and the funny stopped. I felt like half the time I was in a horny teenage boys head, and the other half in a clueless little girls. It got boring, tedious, and a little offensive to read after awhile... Like I read another reviewer say...it felt like a never ending poop joke after awhile. There wasn't really a plot as much as a disaster... and I almost just quit reading several times...but I'm not a quitter so I kept reading... I expected more after a beautiful cover and an amazing start. This isn't a long review...because there isn't a whole lot to say without being down right mean...
I really Hate that I have talked this book up Monday and Tuesday...because it really was good in the beginning...just needed a better middle and ending.

This was given to me as an ARC to read and give my honest opinion...

3 comments:

Unknown

I'm going to skip this book. It was boring and offensive? The plot was a DISASTER?!?
Thanks for sharing your honest opinion (:

Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

Candace

Oh yikes. Yeah, this sounds like a book that is NOT for me! I sometimes like the slightly ridiculous funny books, but this sounds like it just takes it too far. Thanks for the honest review!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer

Oh bummer that it fizzled. New follower and when you get a chance add your blog address url to twitter profile..i had to track you down after you commented on my blog. *ace detective here ;) *

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!