CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 22, 2013

Like Nothing I have ever read before: Runes by Ednah Walters a Review

From Good Reads:                                                                       
Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only are she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.


So its been a very long times since I have read a book that I just couldn't put down. In fact the last one I remember was the divergent series which I read back in February. Okay so not so long ago, but in reading years...thats a really long time. 

Raine is an ordinary girl who has just lost her Father...and by lost I mean there was a tragic plane accident, and no one can find. Lives with her mother, who she believes might totally be insane. Has two friends Cora, her very best friend, who is totally fun insane. And Eirick who she thinks she loves but they can't get their shit together. And then she meets Torin and all Hel breaks loose. And know I did not spell that wrong.

Allow me to tell you how awesome this book is. I would think I would know what the Hell is going on, and then would turn the page and find out I was totally wrong. The Characters themselves were written to a T. Raine was strong, yet so fragile at the same time. Cora, my favorite Character, was so Awesome reminds me of my friends and I every time she opened her mouth. Eirick was frustrating, and sweet, and the ultimate Jealous boyfriend every girls dream. But Torin, he was every girls bad boy dream. Secrets and Harleys what every girl wants in a man. The plot was like nothing I've ever read. I kept having to stop and read up on my god mythology. But I was never lost, it all made sense in the end. For the longest time I thought her Dad was a Valkerie, but I was totally wrong. Since I am writing my honest opinion on this book, I tried to think of what was wrong with this book. Do you know I couldn't find a thing wrong with this book. Until the end, when I realized I totally have to wait at least another year to figure out what happens next.

This was An ARC I picked up from Netgalley. And my honest Opinion.

2 comments:

Unknown

I just received this review from Netgalley and loved it, so I thought I'd stop by and thank you. I hope you'll post it on Amazon and B&N when I have the links up and spread the word. BTW, I just finished Immortals. xoxo

Unknown

Thank you so much for stopping by. It was an honor to read and give you much deserved review,and I can't wait to read immortal.. By the way totally bragged that you stopped by:)

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!