CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review of Beautiful Creatures

Amazon Synopsis:
There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.

At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


It took me forever to read this book. Mostly because like I said in a previous post I saw the movie when I was about half way through. And let me tell the movie is butchers the book. This book I would put in the genre of YA Paranormal fiction. But it is so different then any other paranormal fiction I've ever read. Lena is so strong, yet so fragile. She has so much anger and hurt built up from all the years of torture and belittling she got for being different. I connected with her on a level I never saw coming. Now obviously I can not change the weather by my emotions. But when I was younger I was one angry girl, and did things that not only hurt myself but every one around me. Ethan is the boy/ man that we all wanted when we were in High school. That popular guy, who would throw his popularity in the crapper just because he loved a girl. Man I want to Marry and have the children of a fictional character. Every character was believable, every thought and action understood. This was a beautiful written book. My only let down... I hate books that don't really end. I want to be able to read a book and for it to have some sort of finality even if its the first of the series.

My Favorite Character: Ridley

As much as I am like Lena. I am more like Ridley. I have felt alone and abandoned by the people that are supposed to love me the most, because of choices I have made. It angers me that the family just shut her out. While I understand she is of the dark now. I feel like that no one thought to fight it until Lena.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!