CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 1, 2013

Musing On Monday




Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

Okay because this figuring out blogging thing is driving me batty I decided to keep things simple this Monday. And I am going to Muse about the Book I am reading right now. 
Synopsis:
There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.

At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

I am really annoyed with this book, and its really my own fault. I started this book because I saw the previews for the movie and thought...hmmm that might be interesting. And it was...it really was... Lots of twist and turns. Kept me thinking and kept me up at night. And then came the mistake of the century. Before reading the whole book I saw the movie. Oh dear Lord why did I do it. I was thoroughly disappointed in the movie. It was boring and predictable, and now I know the ending to the book. And even though I loved the book before I saw the movie its hard for me to pick it back up. Does that make sense...do I sound crazy?! Well I am, I loathe my mistake and have grounded myself from seeing movies for a whole month. (Sadly since I grounded myself, it won't probably last, because I tend to let myself off with a warning after awhile) 

And the second book that is driving me to the padded room is:


Synopsis:

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

I love this series!!! And by Love, I mean true, harbored, bound to let me down love. I loved the characters, the story lines, the comedy, the drama.... I do not love this book. I don't think I've gotten past the fifth chapter. It just doesn't feel the same. While I am determined to finish. I do wish for more=(

Be sure to check out Should Be Reading for other Monday Musings.



document.doAT('hentry');

3 comments:

Kwizgiver

I didn't see Beautiful Creatures, but I did read the first couple of books in the series. I thought the books were quite good.

Unknown

Oh I'm going to get through it. I know that the books are way better... I just need to push myself to get into it again=)

Daystarz Books

I've done the same before and now I have a definite rule of not seeing the movie till I finish the book and I almost always read the book before seeing the movie anyways. Here's my musing:http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/author-binge-ing/

Post a Comment

These are comments! Eeeek!!! Where are your thoughts?!?!